Team Luton Swimming Club
March Long Course Meet 2018
(Level 1 Licence No. 1ER180343)
Inspire: Luton Sports Village, Luton
Saturday 24 & Sunday 25 March 2018
Under ASA Laws & Technical Rules
Venue Inspire: Luton Sports Village, Hitchin Road, Luton, LU2 8DD
Pool 8 Lane, 50m Pool, Electronic Timing, Anti-turbulence lane ropes
Age Groups 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, and 16/over, Ages as at 31 December 2018
Awards Top 3 in each age band, each event
- 50m, 100m & 200m All Strokes
- 400m Freestyle, 200m & 400m IM
- 800m Freestyle Female, 1500m Freestyle Male
Fees Race Entry Fee: £7.00 per event (800m/1500m at £1 5)
Spectator Entry: £5.00 per session or £10.00 all day. Free Parking
Saturday 24 & Sunday 25 March 2018 at Inspire: Luton Sports Village Hitchin Road, Luton, LU2 8DD
- The meet will take place at Inspire: Luton Sports Village on Saturday 24 & Sunday 25 March 2018 and is licensed by Swim England at Level 1 under Licence No. 1ER180343 for entry into Regional and National Championships. The meet will be run in accordance with ASA Laws and Technical Rules and these conditions.
- Ages are as at 31 December 2018. Age bands for awards are 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, and 16/ov
- The pool is 50m and the competition will be swum long course
- All competitors must be members of an affiliated club, eligible to compete and registered in accordance with ASA laws and ASA technical rules and may enter in the name of one club only. Entries will only be accepted from competitors registered as Category 2 members of Swim England, SASA or WASA or competitors from a country affiliated to FIN
- All events will be Timed Fin Heats will be swum with all age groups combined and swimmers seeded by entry times. All heats will be spearheaded on entry time
- Medals will be available for collection for the first 3 placed swimmers in each age band and ev
- Entry times must have been achieved since 1 January 2017, be on the British Swimming Rankings and should be short course times; times converted using Sportsystems will be accept Entries must be equal to or faster than the published qualifying times.
- Entries should be made via SPORTSYSTEMS Entry Manager file using the “get times” button (or individual entry form if applicable) and backed up with the individual entry form together with entry fees and should reach the Promoter by 12 noon Saturday 24 February 2018. The entry file can be downloaded from teamluton.com or supplied on reques The entry fee is £7.00 per event with the exception of 800/1500m freestyle at £15.
- Swimmers in possession of a Swim England Certificate of Swimming Disability or whose Swim England membership record details a disability Sport Class are welcome to enter the competition with a time slower than the lower limit standard. An entry time from Rankings must be provid
- Complete entries from clubs should be submitted with a single cheque. Individual entries will only be accepted at the Promoter’s discretion. Late entries, day of meet entries and day of meet alterations will not be accepted, unless due to administrative error.
- The meet promoter reserves the right to limit entries and the number of heats in any event to maintain a balanced programm Entry will be accepted based on quickest times by age group and event. In the event that entries are rejected, fees will be refunded by a single cheque made payable to club in question. The promoter reserves the right to give preference to complete entries from a maximum of two overseas clubs where swimmers need to pre book flights.
- Swimmers must withdraw from events that they no longer wish to swim. Accepted and rejected entries will be posted on the Team Luton website within 2 weeks of the closing date. Withdrawal slips will be available from the control room on the day, or may be e-mailed in advance. All withdrawals must be made 45 minutes prior to the start of the first event in each session. Swimmers failing to attend the start of a heat without withdrawing will incur a £5 penalty, which will be deducted from any refunds or invoiced to the club. Refunds are not available for withdrawals, other than for medical reasons.
- Entries to this meet will be held on a computer and consent, as required by the Data Protection Act 1998, to the holding of personal information will be deemed to have been given by the submission of the entry. Personal data will be available for inspection during the Meet on application to the Promote
- Coaches’ passes will be issued at a cost of £20 per day or £30 for a two day pass. This will entitle the holder to admission to all sessions, a programme, session start lists, meals and refreshment There will be no entry to poolside without a pass and passes must be shown at all times.
- All participants must observe the safety precautions in operation at Inspire: Luton Sports Villag Neither the Promoter nor Team Luton Swimming Club will be responsible for any loss or damage occurring during this Meet.
- Warm up protocol: Each warm up session will be divided into equal length session There is to be strictly no diving during warm-up, with the exception of designated sprint lanes. Odd lanes (1, 3, 5, 7) will swim clockwise and even lanes (2, 4, 6, 8) will swim anti-clockwise. Swimmers must leave the water by the side of the pool and not over the timing pads. Coaches are responsible for managing the lanes that their swimmers use during the warm up sessions.
- Over the top starts may be used at the referee’s discretion.
- No cameras, video or digital capturing devices (including mobile phones) may be used in the changing area.
This policy will be vigorously enforced and any person found to be contravening this policy may be asked to leave the gala without refund.
- Participants, spectators and coaches are requested to follow the Swim England guidelines for photography and use of photographs on social medi The Swim England Child Safeguarding Policy and Procedures, Wavepower 2016-19 Section 2 provides guidance on the use of social networking (page 72-75) and guidance on photography (page 76–77). http://www.swimming.org/asa/clubs-and-members/safeguarding-children/. Both sets of guidance apply if social media platforms are being used to share images or recordings either after the meet or during live streaming of the event.
- Results will be provided via a live results service at resuteamluton.com during the competition, and supplied to British Swimming for loading to Rankings.
- Any matters concerning the Meet not covered in these rules will be dealt with according to the laws of the Sport and at the discretion of the Promoter in consultation with the Lead Referee.
- The Promoter of this Meet is Simon Gee on behalf of Team Luton Swimming, e-mail galas@teamlutcom.
PROGRAMME OF EVENTS
24 March 2018
|1 hour warm up||
25 March 2018
400m Ind Medley
400m Ind Medley
1 hour warm up
|WE ARE NOT PARTICIPATING
DUE TO SCHEDULE CONFLICT WITH
|Boys Girls Boys
1 hour warm up
Girls Boys Girls Boys Girls
200m Ind Medley
ENTRY FORM (or PDF: VASC member ENTRY FORM for Luton March 2018 Long Course Meet)
|Name||DoB||ASA Reg. No.|
|800m Freestyle @ £15||_________|
|1500m Freestyle @ £15||_________|
|200m Ind Medley||_________|
|400m Ind Medley||_________|
|Coaches pass fee @£2 per swimmer||£ _________________|
|ENTRY FEE @£7 per EVENT||£ _________________|
I hereby declare that the above particulars are correct and that I am an eligible competitor in accordance with the laws of the ASA and will abide by the conditions laid down by Team Luton Swimming Club for this competition.
Signature of competitor ……………………………………………………………………..……… Date ………………………………………….
Team Luton Swimming Club: March Long Course Meet 2018
Licensed by the ASA for entry into Regional and National Championships at Level 1 under No. 1ER180343
Saturday 24 & Sunday 25 March 2018
Minimum Qualifying Standard (25m)
Ages are as at 31 December 2018
|03:25.4||03:10.4||02:59.1||02:49.2||02:41.5||02:30.7||Ind Medley 200m||03:25.4||03:10.4||02:59.6||02:53.3||02:45.5||02:40.4|
|07:17.4||06:42.6||06:19.0||05:59.1||05:42.3||05:20.9||Ind Medley 400m||07:17.3||06:39.2||06:17.2||06:03.2||05:48.1||05:37.0|